*** Tawa Pulav ***
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 3 cups steamed white rice
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup carrot diced into small cubes
- 1/2 cup onion diced into small cubes
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced into small cubes (capsicum)
- 1 cup or 1 big tomato chopped into small cubes
- 3-4 green chilies chopped (you can adjust it according to taste)
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3-4 tbsp refined oil (peanut, sun flower, vegetable, rice bran etc any can be used)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder (You can adjust it according to taste)
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder (this only gives nice color to the pulav without increasing the heat level)
- 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala (MDH or Everest any can be used)(you can adjust it according to taste and spice level)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Step 1: Get all the veggies ready for the tawa pulav . Take oil in a deep kadhai and when oil is hot enough add cumin seeds in it. As the cumin seeds starts turning brown add diced onion in it and saute it for about a minute. Keep the gas on medium heat.
Step 2: Now add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilies in it and mix it nicely. Saute it till the raw aroma of ginger garlic disappears. It will take a minute or so. Add chopped tomatoes and stir all the ingredients nicely.
Step 3: Stir in the salt, red chilli powder and kashmiri red chili powder and mix it nicely with the veggies. Now cover the kadhai and let the veggies cook for about 5 minutes. Keep the gas on medium heat.
Step 4: After 5-7 minutes you will see that the tomatoes have become soft and mushy. At this stage we will add other veggies. Stir in the carrots and green peas and mix it nicely.
Step 5: Now add pav bhaji masala and stir all the ingredients nicely. Cover the kadhai again and let the veggies cook till they are soft and tender. It will take around 5-6 minutes. Keep the gas on medium heat. When the carrots and peas have become soft and tender, stir in chopped capsicum and mix it nicely. Cover the kadhai again and cook the veggies.
Step 6: It will not take more than 3-4 minutes for the capsicum to become little soft.We do not need to soften the capsicum completely,its crunch should be still there. Remove the lid and roast the veggies more for about 5 minutes. When tomatoes are completely roasted and all the veggies are soft and tender then it means our tawa pulav masala is completely ready. It will also start releasing oil from the sides.
Step 7: Stir in the steamed white rice and mix it gently with the masala so that the rice does not breaks and becomes mushy. You can taste at this stage and adjust the salt accordingly. Add in the finely chopped coriander and lime juice and mix it nicely in the pulav.
Mouth watering Tawa Pulav is ready to be enjoyed. Serve it with boondi raita or any raita of your choice. Tawa Pulav is perfect to carry if you are travelling as it’s so flavorful that it does not need any side dish. Do try this and let me know how you like it.