Right and Positive Attitude
Harvard and Stanford Universities have reported that 85% of the reason a person gets a job and gets ahead in that job is due to ATTITUDE; and only 15% is because of technical or specific skills. Isn’t it interesting?
It doesn’t matter how much money we spent on the education and how much money is spent on building a positive attitude?
Now, here’s an interesting thought. With the ‘RIGHT’ attitude, you can and will develop the necessary skills. So where’s your emphasis? Skill building or Attitude building?
Unfortunately, ‘NEITHER’ is the real answer for many people. Perhaps if more people knew how simple it is to develop and maintain a positive attitude they would invest more time doing so.
Here are the proven Five steps for staying positive in a negative world:
- Understand that failure is an event, it is not a person. Yesterday ended last night, today is a brand new day, and it’s yours. You were born to win, but to be a winner you must plan to win, prepare to win, and then you can expect to win.
- Become a lifetime student. Learn just one new word every day and in five years you will be able to talk with just about anybody about anything. When your vocabulary improves, your IQ goes up 100% of the time, according to Georgetown Medical School.
- Read something informational or inspirational every day. Reading for 20 minutes at just 240 words per minute will enable you to read 20,200 page books each year. That’s 18 more than the average person reads! What an enormous competitive advantage, if you’ll just read for 20 minutes a day.
- The University of Southern California reveals that you can acquire the equivalent of two years of a college education in three years just by listening to motivational and educational videos/CDs on the way to your job and again on the way home. What could be easier?
- Start the day and end the day with positive input into your mind.
In our life, we do find things changing. There are people who like change and some who do not like change. But the main thing is, change is always for the best. Obviously, when we find our environment and our surroundings to be monotonous or dull and drab, then we try to go for a change. A change takes us out of the rut of whatever we had been doing, it puts us on our toes, it gives jolts and gives you more opportunity to learn new things and experience new ventures. It gives us extra energy to explore new fields. We get interested in doing something new and expecting results out of it.
Whatever seems to be the arguments, change is an essential part of the universe. We hear so many new discoveries in the galaxy or a lot of new things emerging when evolution takes place. Change is everywhere, in fashion, in styles, in our fortunes, in our way of living and attitudes.
But sometimes we notice that change can be painful for those who do not appreciate the positive aspect of it, those who are used to living life in a same routine manner, and are usually afraid to differ from their set rules, for them any change will be an extra burden on their lives.
So to achieve the best around us and to change our environment, we should change for the better. Instead of groaning away about life’s unfairness or getting depressed upon every small defeat in life, we have to take the first step towards achieving something really good.
Change does not happen all of a sudden, we have to work for it. We should try to be strong enough to emerge as an upright individual. For this we need to be honest with right attitude in our dealing with others which surely will do the trick
Inspirational message cause the brain to flood with dopamine and norepinephrine, the energizing neurotransmitters; with endorphins, the endurance neurotransmitters; with endorphins, the endurance neurotransmitters; and with serotonin, the feed-good about yourself neurotransmitter. Begin and end the day by reading or doing something positive.
Just remember, success is a process and not an event. Invest the time in building a positive attitude. It will pay you in the long run in your career as well your skills will sharpen.